Answering QuestionsQuestions will probably be asked in a rapid sequence, and can be designed to put pressure on the applicant.
If you have not got sensible answers prepared which you can present confidently, you will be well on your way to making a poor impression.
Look closely at each of these questions.
Try to work out what the interviewer might be looking for, and then prepare your answers to the questions.
Practice saying your answers so that you will sound confident when you are with the interviewer.
- What were your best subjects at school?
- What did you like most/least about school? Why?
- Could you have done better at school?
- What hobbies do you enjoy doing?
- What sports?
- Why do you want to do this job?
- How did you decide to pick this type of work?
- What do you know about this job?
- What do you know about our firm?
- What plans do you have for the future?
- What type of work experience have you had?
- Tell me about yourself . . .
- What are your strong/weak points?
- How do you spend your spare time?
- Why did you choose the subjects you did at school?
- Why don't you have a job?
- Why have you no qualifications?
- What do you think of training?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- Have you applied for jobs with other companies?
- How would you behave if you didn't get on with your boss or other workers?
- What do you hope to achieve from this job?
- What do you think success is?
- How well do you carry out instructions?
- What do you see yourself doing in five years time?
- What are you looking for in life?
- Why should we employ you?
If you have had other jobs before, add these possible questions:
- What do you look for in a company?
- Why are you leaving/have you left, your present job?
- How long do you plan to stay with us?
- What do you think of your boss?
- What do you think of your present company?
- Why have you changed jobs so many times?
- Why haven't you changed jobs so far?
- Can you work under pressure?
- Would you prefer to work for a man or woman?
What is good OR bad about the responses to these questions?
Return to Interview index.